Friday, April 17, 2015

Pay Day Priorities

So, I may be speaking only for myself, but I live for payday (you feel me, right?). I'm paid bi-weekly which means that 1 week I'm ballin' and the next I'm living on Ramen (cue exaggeration) and dreaming about all the things I'll promptly spend my money on once it hits my "expense" account.

Not to get too personal with how my husband and I handle our money, but I'll fess up that I have a separate checking account, lovingly referred to as my expense account which houses a small portion of my salary that is ear marked for fun (re. fashion/jewelry/makeup) purchases. I'm always fascinated by what people spend their money on, so I thought it may be interesting to share with you guys. This week's expense stash totals $300, with about $100 of it set aside for a hair cut on Sunday (inspiration here).

I'm trying this new thing where I don't spend all of my money on the day that I receive it, so we will see how that goes. So far, I've nabbed a Zara bucket bag and my new favorite mascara. Keep reading for a few more details and for a preview of what I'm saving for!


  
Originally I was planning to purchase this Loeffler Randall bag (see my sale picks here), and I sent the link to my best friend and she came back at me with this Zara bag for a quarter of the price of the Loeffler (even on sale). It was an obvious choice, I had to pull the trigger! PS. Refinery29 listed this bag among their Best Bucket Bag choices for Spring (yay! I'm cool!). 

























I personally always wonder if bloggers truly "love" what they say they do on their blogs. I try to be 100% honest here on Novelty and I can tell you that I do honestly love this mascara. You may remember this post, where I called it my favorite product received in all my Petit Vour boxes, and I MEAN IT! It's $20, which is definitely more than I've been paying for drugstore mascara, but it's well worth it. It's vegan and all natural and wears beautifully. Also, if you order it from Petit Vour (here), there's free domestic shipping, and I'm a free shipping whore, so I'm in! 

SAVING FOR . . . 



I've wanted Illesteva sunglasses for the longest time (are you singing Billy Joel yet?). I thought that they were somewhere around $300 for a pair, so I was pleasantly surprised when I recently checked out their site and saw that they not only have an "eco friendly" collection, but that the styles are priced at $177! I've set aside a few bucks towards buying these babies and I'm hoping to take the plunge next pay day, stay tuned . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment