Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Out with the Old


I've been pretty quiet over here due to the craziest, most stressful holiday season of my life (to be fair, I'm 25). The events and errands have really wound down, thankfully, and I'm ready to look forward to the new year. I've been spending any free time that I've had thinking about the type of person I want to be in the future and the habits that I want to grow. For me, the theme of the new year seems to be "balance". My husband was the one that brought it to my attention, but I am definitely a person that lives in extremes. I can spend a month eating super clean, attending 3 yoga classes per week, and nailing it at work. The next month, I'm waking up late on a daily basis and calling chocolate a "meal".

That being said, I want to find more balance in all areas of my life. Honestly, I just want to feel good about myself and all that I'm doing (not that I feel that badly now).

What I'm leaving behind in 2014:
  • Tardiness
  • Unpreparedness
  • Laziness
  • Judgement
  • Comparison 
  • Addiction to my phone
  • Fear of flying (aka, I will conquer a headstand this year)

What I'm cultivating in 2015:
  • Integrity
  • Gratitude
  • Curiosity
  • Kindness
  • Focus
  • Balance
  • Punctuality
  • Love (lots of it)

Here's to another great year, one where I learn and grow and find more happiness than ever.

Thanks for reading and sticking with me as I find my groove!

xx
Christa





image

No comments:

Post a Comment