Monday, February 16, 2015

Brunch at Back Forty West

I have never found a restaurant that I've discovered for the first time and returned to within 3 weeks. If I were to say that again, I'd be lying. Back Forty West entered my conscious sometime in late January while planning a dinner date with friends. Fast forward to last week and Jon and I were making our plan for Valentine's Day.

Pulled pork hash with kale, eggs, fingerling potatoes, and mustard seeds. 


We've never been the type of couple that enjoys going out to dinner at a packed restaurant to choose a meal from a prix fixe menu. So we chose to make dinner at home (squid ink pasta with garlic and oil, and roasted vegetables) on Saturday and head to Back Forty West for brunch on Sunday morning.  Jon could tell you that I spent our entire drive into the city waxing poetic about this restaurant and luckily my efforts were rewarded with another amazing meal. 

Mushrooms, arugula, and eggs on perfectly toasted bread. 

Jon is a tough critic, and in general his tastes are very different from mine, so the fact that he cleaned his plate and admitting to liking this place is a huge deal for me. I won't lie, their killer classic rock playlist definitely worked in my favor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment