Monday, February 2, 2015

Rosemary Parmesan Pancakes



Let me set the scene for you on where this recipe came from. I spent my day off last week sleeping in, taking yoga, washing my comforter, and baking rosemary shortbread cookies. I had wanted to make these damn cookies for weeks and never found the right day to make it happen. So, I embarked on this cookie journey which wound up consuming 3 hours of my day and left me with no remaining sunlight to shoot them. GREAT. So, I threw half the batter out and hightailed to to the nail salon for a 6pm pedicure to cap off  my day. Whilst sitting in the chair, being pampered by a lovely earth angel known only to me as "Maria", I began to ponder other ways to ingest rosemary.

I've been on a complete rosemary kick. In my previous 25+ years, I never gave it much thought, and then suddenly I was in love. I made those devil cookies (though tasty, I won't be giving it another go) and I had been planning to make these rosemary almonds. I had the rosemary and now I just needed a way to eat more of it. I thought about rosemary infused homemade pasta, but I don't make homemade pasta without my husband (I technically don't make it at all) and he was at school. A thought came to me.

Take rosemary and add it to pancakes. done. Also, add some parm cheese for shits and giggles. double done.

Once my toes were dry and my eyebrows had been waxed within an inch of their lives (these women never understand when I ask for, "thick but cleaned up"), I went home to break out the Aunt Jemima's. I have the Aunt Jemima "Complete" mix that requires only water and mix, so that is what you'll find in the below recipe.

Please be sure to pour yourself a generous serving of Chardonnay and sit down to really enjoy these delicious cakes.



Recipe (makes about 4 full sized pancakes):


  • 1 cup of Aunt Jemima Complete pancake mix
  • 3/4 cup of water (add more as needed in intervals of 1 tablespoon)
  • 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
  • 1/2-1 tablespoon of freshly chopped rosemary (measure to your preference)
__________________

  1. Combine pancake mix, cheese, and rosemary
  2. Make a well in the center and add water
  3. Whisk until combined, adding more water as needed until batter is the consistency of gravy
  4. Use a ladle to pour batter into a buttered, warmed skillet-I had mine on medium-low heat
I like to use a ton of butter in my skillet to ensure crispiness on the edges of the pancakes, but this is totally up to your preference. I also like to add another pat of butter to the pan once I flip the cakes. Clearly, I have no concern for my cholesterol-check back in 10-15 years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment