Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Desk Stash-TLC Tuesdays


My research has taught me that most women have a "desk stash" of health and beauty care items tucked into a drawer or filing cabinet at work. I will admit that I actually have 2 makeup bags in addition to an entire filing cabinet that houses snacks. One coworker of mine has a filing cabinet filled with shoes and another has a whole drawer dedicated to different teas.

I try harder to be flawless in the office than I do anywhere else, just because I want to appear to have my life completely in order, even though this has never been the case. I've been known to joke that it takes me about an hour and a half to look mediocre, so you can imagine what a feat this is for me. That being said, I have an arsenal of products at work incase I need a midday touch up or an incident occurs. 

After re-reading the below list, I've determined that if I would probably be able to spend the night in my office with very little inconvenience (this may be an issue, I'm still deciding). 

I thought it would be fun to share my stash with you all, I'd love to know what you can't live without, I really mean it, I'm so nosy!

Personal Care and First Aid
  • Bandaids (all sizes)
  • Tylenol
  • Tampons and panty liners
  • Mouth wash
  • Tooth brush/Tooth Paste/Floss
  • Saline solution and contact case
  • Extra contacts
  • Lotion
  • Deodorant
  • Hand Sanitizer
  • Travel First Aid Kit
  • Bandaid blister block
  • Individual alcohol wipes (so handy if you put on too much perfume)
  • Hair ties/bobbi pins
  • Lint Roller
Makeup

This is where having a ton of samples from subscription boxes comes in really handy! I don't want you to think that I have a full stash of makeup at my desk. 
  • Cooling eye gel (more useful than you think)
  • Chapstick/lip balm (I recommend at least 3, just to be safe)
  • Neutral/clear lipgloss
  • Sample sizes of your favorite perfume (or a new one to try)
  • Hair spray
  • Illuminator
  • Black eyeliner
  • Clear nail polish (Again, more useful than you think)
  • Stick blush (doubles as lip color/eye shadow)
  • Tweezers/Safety Pins/Cuticle Clippers
    • I know these tools sound excessive, but I promise you that they come in handy. If like me, you are a cuticle biter, these clippers let me take care of whatever is bothering me quickly and keeps my fingers out of my mouth. Also, several coworkers have removed splinters with the tweezers in my kit!


No comments:

Post a Comment