Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Love x Style x Life



I'm not entirely sure how Garance Doré came into my life, but somehow she found her way. First, mentioned as the other half of one Scott Schuman (aka The Sartorialist), then as a blogger/illustrator, and most recently as an author.

I had seen through several of her instagram posts and also a feature on The New Potato that she had written a book on everything-life, style, love, and French-ness-basically all things Garance.

To be completely honest, I had admired her from afar, never really diving too deeply into her blog, but always enjoying it and her instagram posts whenever they came across my screen. That being said, I am now a huge fan!

I loved her book! It felt to me like the love child of Alexa Chung's It, and Caroline de Maigret's How to be Parisian Wherever You Are. I was in Barnes and Noble with my husband a couple weeks ago and I happened to see Love x Style x Life on a table and I began flipping through it, immediately liking what I saw, so I did what any sensible person did, I went on my Amazon app and ordered it for $12 cheaper with Prime Shipping (guilty of #ShowRooming).

It arrived exactly 2 days later as expected and I devoured it within a week. I wouldn't really call myself a francophile, but I definitely appreciate the mythical French Woman's approach to life and style, I also have an insatiable desire to be more European, regardless of country, just more European, so I was hooked immediately by her promise of "style through storytelling" aka attainable je ne sais quoi,  and I'd say she definitely delivered.

I would recommend this book to anyone interested in finding your personal style, while simultaneously hanging out with Garance Doré.

No comments:

Post a Comment