Monday, November 30, 2015

My Newest Skincare Commitment



This is about to sound completely ridiculous, but I have not had a consistent face wash since I switched over completely to cruelty-free products. I've managed to squeak by using samples, products in my Petit Vour box, or even using my husband's face wash (sorry, babe). It's just that I haven't found anything that I love enough.

In the interest of full disclosure, I'll admit that I only wash my face in the morning while in the shower, so that has also contributed to me stretching out all the samples, etc. At night, I use my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE elf Makeup Remover Cleansing Wipes (I'm totally serious when I say that I buy them 2 or 3 packs at a time to ensure I never run out). Even after years of reading that it's not enough to simply use towelettes to clean your face, I've persevered.

That is, until last week. I was in CVS picking up a prescription and in the mood for a bit of a pick-me-up when I wandered into the "Natural Beauty" section when I stumbled upon this Promise Organic Nourishing Coconut Milk Facial Cleanser. I grabbed it for about $8 and then went home to use it (after using my beloved towelettes).

It smells amazing and leaves my face feeling toned and fresh (not dry and tight), and I've loved incorporating it in my routine!

After washing with my Clarisonic, which I dusted off after several months of neglect, I like to roll on some of this serum in my lines (yes, they're starting), followed by an around the eye massage with this eye oil, topping it all off with a generous slather of this facial oil.

*I'm going to add one more little note here. I have a theory that part of my distaste for actually washing my face at night, aside from laziness, is the mess that it leaves in my tiny bathroom. I tend to get a bit overzealous with my face washing and splashing a la a face wash commercial and then everything is soaked. I started washing my face in my much larger kitchen sink and it's a much more pleasurable experience (and quite a bit tidier as well). I'm hoping that by coming forward with my story, my bravery will inspire others to wash their faces outside of the shower.

1 comment:

  1. omg, the washing & "splashing a la face wash commercial" is the ultimate struggle! i never thought to take my nightly skin care routine away from the bathroom sink - you're a genius!

    xx,
    S

    ReplyDelete