Wednesday, October 30, 2013

4 Days of Halloween-Baked Pumpkin Seeds

Growing up, my Dad always separated out the pumpkin seeds from the guts that we collected in a bowl and toasted them as a snack. I was never a huge fan, until I found this honey/brown sugar recipe (adapted below)! I also made a small batch of honey seeds sprinkled with coarse ground sea salt-I'm obsessed with salty/sweet flavors, and the salt brought out the sweetness of the honey really nicely.  I plan on sprinkling these babies over yogurt, ice cream, and salad (if I ate salad). These could also be  mixed into my apple streusel muffins as a replacement for the chopped pecans! 








  1. Rinse seeds in water while still wet and gooey
  2. Soak seeds overnight in salt water (salt measurement based on taste)
  3. Mix 4 tbsp of honey and seeds in bowl until they are completely coated
  4. Spread seeds on baking sheet (I recommend investing in a Silpat sheet for your pans) bake for 30 mins at 300 degrees
  5. After 30 mins sprinkle with brown sugar or coarse sea salt and bake for another 30 mins or until GBD
  6. Enjoy! If you have a variation or suggestion, I'd LOVE to hear it!!


No comments:

Post a Comment