Sunday, October 13, 2013

Apple Pie feat. Smitten Kitchen's Pie Crust 102

Apple baked anything is enough to convince my husband to go apple picking. We met a couple friends at Warwick Valley Winery and spent the day sampling wines, climbing trees, and enjoying a "French Farmer" picnic! We each came home with about 12lbs of apples and I set out to bake pie, streusel muffins, and an apple crisp. Needless to say, the crisp never happened, but I will be featuring my pie and muffins! I'm always looking to up my game on my pie crust decor, tell me your fave ways to dress up boring (though tasty) crusts!
Enjoy!
CD

Jane Hornby's apple pie recipe and my Pinterest "Yum" Board always see me through! 

I displayed these beauties in my dining room until I was ready to bake them! 




A similar pie crust cutter can be found here! 




No comments:

Post a Comment