Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Trimming a Tree

This past weekend we went to pick out our tree from a really lovely farm in Paramus, called Home Depot. I decided that we HAD to get our tree in the middle of a snow storm. On the way there, I knew that I made a grave mistake and that my husband was 100% justified in being annoyed with me. Luckily, we found a beautiful little tree and we made it home without a hitch. I subscribe to the rule that you have to put the tree in its stand and let it settle for a day prior to decorating so this beauty wasn't touched until Sunday, except for my dogs nibbling on it, which is a huge issue that I still don't know how to solve. 

I decided to make a whole day out of decorating the tree with baked treats and a crock pot dinner. You can find the mac and cheese recipe here. I doubled the pasta to 16 oz and I decided to throw the mac and cheese into mini crocks with some butter drenched Panko bread crumbs and broiled them to get a crispy, golden top layer.

I posted this to Instagram, but it doesn't give the full effect of this messy, bone-chillingly cold day!


A family friend made this ornament for us with our wedding invitation inside of it, it is one of my most treasured possessions. 




Pillsbury Peppermint Chocolate Chip cookies for Jon, because I would rather chew on the tree than eat chocolate and mint together! 











No comments:

Post a Comment