Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Wednesday Words


So I've been completely M.I.A. these past 3 or so weeks. Following my near fatal (kidding) bout of bronchitis, I threw my back out. I was bending over in the bath tub giving the pups a bath on 3/8 and my back locked up and then popped and I honestly haven't felt like myself since then. I've been back and forth to my chiropractor 10 times or so (and several hundred dollars later) and I've recently been able to sit comfortably and walk without pain. My chiropractor eventually told me that my back was out of alignment, with my upper spine twisted to the right and my sacral spine flattened out completely, rather than curving towards my belly button. I'm still not bending over at the waist like I'm used to, but I'm definitely on the mend. 

I have to admit that this process was really frustrating and difficult for me. I've never before had a situation where I felt like my body was failing me. I had a few "poor me" moments that led to tears, and I had some really humbling moments like the time when my husband had to help me into and out of my skinny jeans (trust me, this could not have been less sexy!). It was also super annoying to explain to people in my office why I was "walking funny" - Shout out to my BFFs at work for understanding and helping me whenever they could! 

The moral of this story is that I can definitely say that my "broken back" situation provided many opportunities for me to learn and grow. My patience is strengthened, my love for my body and my desire to care for it has increased ten fold, and my gratitude for my loved ones is immeasurable (I definitely whined and talked about my back for what felt like years).

Thanks for sticking with me through some major silence over the past few weeks. I'm so ready to get back on track with Novelty and the rest of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment