Friday, August 21, 2015

Lately





If you didn't already know this, Amazon offered Prime members the opportunity to "Pre Order" the September issue of Vogue, which was delivered to me 4 days before it was due to hit newsstands. Along with the opportunity to receive an early copy, the mag was shipped in a "Limited Edition" box. The box was admittedly a bit underwhelming, though neither the contents of the magazine nor its covergirl disappointed. I'm definitely in awe of Beyonce but I wouldn't say that I'm a member of the beyhive. That being said, I really thought she looked amazingggggg in the September issue of Vogue.

Nothing really ignites a fire within me quite like the September issues. As a person that despised the heat of the Summer season (though I'm on board with every other aspect), I really look forward to that first breeze of the Fall season and the September issue for me signals a bit of "Back to School" fever as far as fashion is concerned.

To be 100% transparent, I'm seriously considering purchasing a second copy. 1 will be kept pristine in the box and one will be for pulling inspiration from. I can't decide if this act takes me into full on hoarder mode or not. (Editor's note: I have a magazine "Archive" in our apartment).






I recently had my very first lobster roll (via Luke's Lobsters at Pier 13)-safe to say that I'm 1000% converted. Happily we'll be attending a wedding in Maine in September and my bridesmaid dress is (thankfully) quite stretchy. I'm going to eat all the lobster rolls that I can get my hands on. #allthelobsterrolls

You can view the Food Truck Calendar for Pier 13 here.


We also enjoyed waffles from Waffle de Lys. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! 



Congratulations to me, I'm officially a stereotype-I am now a highlighter/bronzer user.  While visiting the new Nars boutique in the mall, I was treated to a mini makeover using the Liquid Gold Face Set and I have to admit that I felt rather fabulous and JLO-like. I was planning to bring it with me to Cancun, but I've been using IRL since I purchased it. eep. 

My obsession with pearls continues. I picked up this very cool, dainty necklace at The Fig last week and I'm so happy that I did, I love it even more every day!

My best friend brought me back milk and dark chocolate covered cranberries from her trip to Nantucket. I would never call myself a "cranberry person" but these are so damn good. They're even better late at night after they've been chilling in the fridge!


I've started to add to my fall wardrobe and as you can see above, I'm really excited to start incorporating colors into my everyday style! #kidding


My new favorite nail polish is Elegantly Wasted by Trust Fund Beauty. Thanks to my best friend for giving it to me! 




No comments:

Post a Comment