Monday, April 28, 2014

Honey Nut Smoothie



This smoothie was inspired by Forest on First's smoothie menu. This particular recipe combines ingredients found in most homes and the measurements below can be adjusted to your taste. I usually throw everything but the kitchen sink into my VitaMix. Since we are on the subject of this stupid, overpriced blender, I will tell you that I am converted. My husband insisted that we avoid registering for a generic blender in lieu of saving and holding out for a VitaMix-and I have to tell you, it's completely worth it! This thing could make a smoothie out of concrete chunks, that's how powerful it is (and it cleans itself)! Without further ado . . .

Honey Nut Smoothie:

1 cup of Plain or Vanilla Yogurt
1 tbsp Honey
2 tbsp Peanut or Almond Butter
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 cup Almond Milk ( I used coconut almond milk and it was thebomb.com)
1 fresh Banana (frozen if you prefer)
10 ice cubes

No comments:

Post a Comment