Thursday, February 6, 2014

Toffee Bark

I made this toffee bark as a treat to bring to a Pinterest Party that I attended (more on that in a later post) a few weeks ago and it was delicious! It required 5 ingredients and about 20 minutes of time and it was more than worth those 20 minutes! 


Next time, I would put the saltines in a food processor and grind them into a fine powder to create a less crumbly bark. I also suggest lining your pan with wax or parchment paper for easy removal! 


The original recipe doesn't add chocolate, but it just seemed unfinished to me so I had to add a little in! 


What you'll need:
1 sleeve of saltine crackers
2 bags of chocolate chips (varies based on how much you like)
2 sticks of butter
1 cup brown sugar

Steps:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2. Lay out your saltines along the bottom of your tray. These can be left whole, crushed, or processed to a fine powder
3. Bring butter and brown sugar to a boil for 3 minutes, stirring all the while. After precisely 3 minutes, remove from heat and pour over saltines in an even coat. 
4. Place chocolate chips in a glass bowl over a boiling pot of water to create a make-shift double boiler. I won't judge you for melting chocolate in the microwave if you prefer! 


No comments:

Post a Comment