Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Kingston Olive Oil Co.



While on vacation I stumbled upon an olive oil and balsamic vinegar tasting bar run by Kingston Olive Oil Company. I dragged my mother into this tasting bar following a tour of Fort William Henry in Kingston, Ontario and I was pleasantly surprised when I sampled several different, delicious oils and vinegars. 24 Olive oils (21 infused varieties too!) and 28 vinegars are available for purchase in addition to 21 gourmet salts as well as handmade Olive Oil soap and spice rubs. All of the oils are infused in Canada and are available for shipping to the US!

Kingston Olive Oil Company imports extra virgin olive oil from around the world based on the harvesting season and guarantees each batch for 18 months, which I am told is the lifespan of any oil. Most oils that we purchase in stores far exceed those 18 months and are not as fresh as they should be. I can tell you that I am now questioning all of the oil I've ingested in my life based on this new found knowledge.

I came home with three bottles that day; Vanilla Balsamic Vinegar, Milanese Gremolata Infused, and Cayenne Infused Oil for my father in law.  My mother came home with 5 or 6 bottles as well, I'm not even sure which she decided on because she loved every single one!


I had no idea how to use it, but I knew that I LOVED the flavor of the Vanilla balsamic, so I took it home and figured out that I would find a way to use it later. Luckily for me, KOO's website offers recipe suggestions and I fully intend to share with you guys what I made-stay tuned!








No comments:

Post a Comment