Monday, July 14, 2014

Shelter Co.


I was flipping through the most recent issue of Domino magazine when I landed upon an editorial featuring Shelter Co. Shelter Co. (SC) is a company that offers a luxury camping (aka glamping) experience. They provide everything you would need to host a few friends or an entire weekend in the outdoors of California. SC aims to provide its clients with all the comforts of home in an outdoor setting, reminiscent of summer camp.

With tents starting at $750 per weekend with a minimum of $2,000, this camping trip feels like a real vacation at a fraction of the price-flights alone to Europe for 2 people will set you back at least $2,000. SC offers real mattresses, 400 thread count sheets, and bed side tables standard with all tents. In addition to all that you can choose to add an outdoor movie theater, showers, restrooms, full catering services, dog tents, and organic toiletries. All I have to say about that is, why would my dogs need their own tent?


Looking at me, I'm not the type of person you would normally peg as a camper, but I actually love it. When I was younger, my whole family would pile into my dad's truck. We brought a 13'' TV for my little brother, both of the family dogs (a mastiff and a great dane), and anything else that we could fit in there and I loved it! My husband grew up the same way-his parents are the proud owners of what is lovingly referred to as the "Canvas Condo". I definitely prefer the nicer things in life, but sometimes what you really need is to get back to basics and read a book in the woods while sipping on a drink. We are hoping to spend this Labor Day camping with my in-laws and our pups. We aren't sure how they'll handle being around tons of kids and other dogs (triggers for 10 minute bark sessions), but there is only one way to see how they'll do . . .





No comments:

Post a Comment