Thursday, May 15, 2014

Morning BB Smoothie

yes you can grow blueberries in Florida - contact us through  NaplesBestAddresses.com if interested.




You may have noticed here and here that I've been consuming a ton of smoothies, and I'm here to confirm that I'm obsessed with them! They fit so perfectly into my lifestyle and they're really helping me ensure that I am getting all my protein and fiber. Usually, I am running late for work and I'm eating waffles or an English muffin while driving. I can assure you that I love and live for carbs, but I can't continue eating them as much as I do. This is where the smoothie comes into play, I set out my non-refrigerated ingredients on the counter before bed and just have to throw everything into the blender and pour it in a to-go cup. I can sip on it while driving and working at my desk and I am satisfied right until lunch  at 12/12:30.

I've been a big fan of my honey nut smoothie, but I've been adjusting the ingredients based on what I have in the fridge. My poor husband has to hear me whine endlessly if we don't have bananas in the house (sorry, babe)! I saw some fresh blueberries the other day and they looked so plump and delicious so I knew that I had to adapt my recipe to include them.

Blueberries rank the highest of any fruit for antioxidants and one cup of these babies delivers 14% of the recommended daily dose of fiber! (WebMD) Antioxidants and high fiber, I'm in!!


Recipe:

1 whole banana
1 Tbsp flax seeds
1 Tbsp chia sees
1/2 cup orange juice
2 Tbsp vanilla yogurt
1 1/2 hand fulls of blueberries
6 ice cubes
1 tsp of honey



Image 1 

No comments:

Post a Comment