Thursday, September 18, 2014

Zucchini 5 Ways



Last week my friend brought me a 5lb home grown zucchini (Thanks Tij!)-I may be exaggerating when I say that it was 5 lbs, but I'll put it this way; it was about the size of a newborn child. She mentioned to me that she had just made a tomato and zucchini frittata so that sparked my week of the zucchini.

Determined not to waste this gorgeous piece of vegetation, I set out to use every last piece of it and wound up with this post that contains 5 recipes centered around the Zucchini. As the summer comes to an end, I'm sure many people are gathering their garden treasures or are receiving them from family and friends and I thought you could all benefit from this collection. Technically there are only 4 recipes listed on today's post as the last one that I have for you guys is my own and I want to give it some extra attention-check back tomorrow for the 5th dish!

Don't forget to share any favorite recipes that you may have, I'm always down to try a new ones!


Tomato and Zucchini Frittata [Recipe ]

This was honestly one of the best things I've ever cooked. My husband enjoyed it so much that he went back for a second slice and I had my second slice for lunch the next day. At 176 calories per quarter this recipe is super easy to execute, tastes amazing, and won't leave you feeling guilty. I made this on a weekday night after coming home late and we were eating in about 35 minutes.

 PS-this recipe calls for a whole medium sized onion-which I did not notice at all (texturally)!



Zucchini, Garlic, Cheddar Bread [Recipe]

I've never made bread before and I was a bit nervous about taking on this recipe and I was pleasantly surprised by how easy it was to make! The process got a bit hairy at times due to me messing up measurements (thinking I needed 4 eggs instead of 2), not having fresh dill or garlic powder, and using every last drop of flour that I had in the house. If you are less spastic than I am, you will be just fine executing this recipe. This is definitely a weekend recipe as it takes about 55 minutes for the bread to bake, but once it's done, you'll see how worth the effort it is!

PS-I've been loving slicing a piece off and toasting it with some butter-delicious! 
Mini Zucchini Pizzas [Recipe]

 
These were so easy to execute; simply slice your zucchini, tab some sauce, and sprinkle your cheese. Of course I went a bit overboard with the cheese-sometimes ya gotta be reckless! 

Parmesan Zucchini Chips [Recipe]

These are a delicious addition to any meal. The zucchinis can be sliced prior and just crisped up alongside dinner! These are also a great snack and work well over salad or incorporated into an omelet (if sliced smaller).


 My helpful little dishwasher has been on-site to assist with the cleanup of various dishes! 






No comments:

Post a Comment