Thursday, August 7, 2014

Petit Vour Subscription Box-June/July Product Review

Birchbox for me is like the ex-boyfriend that you chose to leave behind that you still have fond memories of. For over 2 years, I'd been a loyal subscriber, and to this day, I love them, but they are no longer right for me. We were both changing, and our relationship was not the same as it was when we first began. I chose to part ways with Birchbox, despite our many happy days together-it was time to hitch my wagon elsewhere.

When I decided to commit to using only cruelty-free products on my face, skin, and in my home I began to move away from Birchbox. I really enjoyed their whole brand and process for introducing me to new products. I'll also say that about half of all companies that they work with are cruelty-free and/or vegan, but I was really looking only for c-free products.

I received my last box in June and received 2/5 samples that were c-free and I decided that I was officially done. I cancelled my subscription that night and sorted through my hoard of samples to pass over to my mom and sister. Then I began researching c-free subscription boxes and happily landed upon Petit Vour-my newest love! I immediately signed up for a month to month subscription and happily did so in time to receive the June box.

I was so pleasantly surprised with the samples that I received that I brought them into work to share with a like minded coworker who promptly signed up that evening and now we have our own PV subscriber meetings every so often to discuss what samples we received and how we are loving them. After receiving my second box last week, I can tell you that I am envisioning a long, happy relationship with Petit Vour. I really can't stress enough that if you are more flexible with your products to check out Birchbox (but just remember, I hit it first)!

June Box



  • EVOLVh- Ultrashine Moisture Shampoo & Conditioner -Smells amazing and my hair feels super clean!
  • MUN-No 1. Aknari Brightening Youth Serum -Has a very strong scent (my husband wasn't a fan) but feels amazing on the skin.
  • ncLA- 5 Free Luxury Nail Polish (full sized bottle) -Color is bold and wears SO well!
  • Harvey Prince- Yogini Roll-On Fragrance -ABSOLUTELY in LOVE! This scent is light but stays on all day, and I received a deluxe sized sample (think purse-sized)
July Box


  • LVX- 5 Free Nail Lacquer (full sized bottle) -I haven't yet tried this polish, but I'll keep you posted next month!
  • Modern Minerals- Mineral Eye Shadow -I received a baby pink shimmer shadow, and I can tell you that I have been wearing it nonstop. It wears so much nicer than "baby pink shimmer" would suggest. It's subtle and stays on ALL day!
  • Pelle Beauty Face Oil - Balance -This oil smells divine and has the power to relax you instantly, it also soaks right into the skin and keeps you from feeling "oily"- trust me!
  • Schmidt's Natural Deodorant -I have to say, I'm pretty torn up about this product-I've only worn it once, so I think I should give it another shot. It's a bit weird to apply deodorant directly with my fingers, but it kept me dry all day. I only wish that it was a bit more noticeably scented. 


Sorry for the crap pictures, I'll make sure August is represented more beautifully!

No comments:

Post a Comment