Monday, June 23, 2014

Peachy Keen
























A couple weeks ago while food shopping, I spotted "donut peaches" (aka Saturn Peaches) and knew that I had to buy a few. I don't particularly care for peaches, which is attributed to the fact that I can count on 1 hand how many times I've eaten them. That's just how I live my life though-buy the peaches now, form a plan later! I found myself with some extra time last week and decided to make use of said donut peaches. Of course, I turned to my best friend, Pinterest (sorry Alyssa!) and found an easy recipe for peach crostata. I'll tell you this, the recipe is just as easy as it claims to be- this one can be added to the low impact/high value recipe box that I don't actually keep.




Ingredients
Peaches (2-3 small)
1/2 TSP Cinnamon
Pinch of Nutmeg
Pie Crust (I used store bought)
1 TBSP butter
2 TBSP sugar
1 egg

Steps

  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees, cut peaches to preference.
  2. Mix peaches, 1 TBSP sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
  3. Roll out pie crust until it is 12-15 inches and pile peach mix in the center.
  4. Cube butter and place throughout peach mixture and fold crust inward.
  5. Beat egg and apply as wash on pie crust, then dust with remaining TBSP of sugar. 
  6. Bake for 13-17 minutes-checking throughout. 

Original recipe found here

No comments:

Post a Comment