Tuesday, June 3, 2014

The Liebster Award-I Nominate. . .


Yesterday, I received an email that one of my favorite bloggers (not an ounce of exaggeration here) nominated me for a Liebster Award.  Samm is a friend of a friend (that I have yet to meet in person-let's change this!!) and she has been a supporter of my blog since it's very rocky early days and I just have to say that I love her blog. Sam's posts and images always leaving me feeling inspired, and that's the point, right?

I'm assuming that you don't know what that is, and I didn't either until I found myself the grateful recipient of it! The Liebster is an award that is given to new bloggers, the criteria states that you must have less than 200 (or maybe 3000) followers. Well, I'll let you know right now that once I hit 200 followers, I'll be having a huge party to celebrate! Regardless, this award is a way to recognize fellow bloggers that you want everyone to know and love. I will say this, I'm a bit sad because I can't really nominate Sam again, or Meredith (because Sam got to her first), but fear not, I have a couple awesome blogs/friends to share with you at the bottom.

I can't tell  you how happy this small recognition makes me, especially to find out that I was nominated on day where I posted content that I was nervous to share with the world. Thanks Sam, and thanks to all the bloggers out there just sharing what they love! P.S. I'm really grateful because I didn't have a post prepped for today!

I'll be following the same rules as Sam:

  • Write a blog post accepting this award, while thanking and linking to the person that nominated you.
  • Write 11 facts about yourself.
  • Answer the 11 questions written by the person who nominated you.
  • Write your own 11 questions
  • Tag 5-11 upcoming bloggers (I'll be tagging 2ish)


11 Facts About Me
  1. I still have 1 baby tooth, which will likely have to be removed once I hit my 40s.
  2. I have 6 younger brothers and sisters
  3. I cannot whistle-I just can't.
  4. I am deathly afraid of splinters and anything that could become lodged under my skin (I'm looking at you, glass)!
  5. I can rap 99% of the words to Gold Digger.
  6. My husband and I were secretly married at the Paramus courthouse 1 year before our wedding-I've never before acknowledged this fact publicly.
  7. I cannot stand the look of chipped manicures, this is my biggest pet peeve.
  8.  The smell of beer is enough to make me gag, I have never taken more than 1 sip of any given beer.
  9. If I could re-do my wedding, I would plan my reception at the Museum of Natural History.
  10. I have been to Baton Rouge/New Orleans, Louisiana at least 6 times and could totally see myself living there one day, if I could just adapt to the heat!
  11. My favorite part of everyday is when my husband, pups, and I crawl into bed and settle into a four way snuggle session, I do not like it when the three of them steal all the blankets though!
11 Questions

  • Q. Do you prefer sunny or rainy days? Sunny
  • Q. Would you rather cook or go out to eat? Go out to eat
  • Q. What food would you get an endless supply of if you could? Croissants-I'd also remove their calories!
  • Q. What  would be your entrance song if you were a professional wrestler? Welcome to the Jungle
  • Q. Who would write the soundtrack to your life? Simon and Garfunkel-they've already proven pretty adept at writing soundtracks
  • Q. What do you think is the most embarrassing song  you have in your iTunes library? I have very little shame when it comes to music, but I'll say Boyfriend by Justin Beiber
  • Q. If you could visit one place every year for the rest of your life, what place would it be? I would relive my honeymoon in Rome
  • Q. Are there any movies that you've seen so many times that you have the dialogue memorized? Step Brothers, Sweet Home Alabama, Legally Blonde, and the first Sex and the City movie
  • Q. Peanut butter with strawberry or grape jelly? Neither, halved giant marshmallows!
  • Q. Where's Waldo? Tattooed behind this girl's ear
  • Q. If you could be trapped on an island with one other person for 6 months, who would it be? Blake Lively-I'd stare at her for 6 straight months!
My Questions for my Nominees:
  1. If you had one super power, what would it be?
  2. What  is your hidden talent?
  3. What would your spirit animal be? (Unicorns are totally an option here)
  4. What has been your favorite blog post to date? (Link back for us!)
  5. NSYNC or BSB?
  6. What is your zodiac sign and are you very true to its details?
  7. At what age did you receive your first kiss?
  8. What do you frequently try to hide in pictures? (I am always lint rolling dog hair off surfaces)
  9. What is your favorite childhood memory?
  10. If you could only shop at one store for the rest of your life, which would it be?
  11. What is your go-to nail polish shade?
Nominees:

Bonus Nominees:



No comments:

Post a Comment