Saturday, June 7, 2014

Weekend Update- From Culture To Couture

You may not know that I attended a technical high school and graduated with a major in Fashion Design. I've been lucky enough to maintain a friendship with my fashion design teacher and once I graduated from college (FIT) she asked me to be a member of her Fashion Advisory Board. Twice a year I attend meetings where we discuss what's working, what's not, and what's ahead. Happily, this advisory board membership comes with a front row seat to the annual fashion show that exhibits the work of the current Fashion Design students. The garments get better by the year, and this year's graduating class did not disappoint!

Keep in mind that the first two looks were made by sophomores and juniors and the last three were from seniors-their talent is awe inspiring!

The draping on this dress was stunning and beautifully executed!

This jumpsuit was the most wearable piece in the show, it was flawlessly crafted and the shimmery, fluid fabric made it gorgeous as evening attire!

Hand made roses wound their way around the bodice in a beautiful pattern. This gown also featured an asymmetrical train that was perfectly draped!

This dress just made me so happy, it is comprised of many many layers of hand cut and sewn tulle with a lace overlay crop top!

The inspiration for this dress was an Indian goddess and I thought this was the perfect representation of a modernized Sari-gorgeous! 

No comments:

Post a Comment